How to apply
Contact Liverpool Direct to make an appointment. When you attend the appointment you must bring with you:
- A certificate of insurance for the vehicle, which must include for private hire and reward. The document must be in the name of the person who is licensing the vehicle.
- A certificate of compliance for the vehicle passed by an approved testing station.
- A fee of £175 for new private hire licence with plate.
- A fee of £170 for renewal of private hire or hackney vehicle licence.
- A registration document and proof of ownership.
Fees for compliance testing and associated services
Please note compliance books and check sheets are only available for authorised compliance stations.
- Compliance certificates - £25 (per book).
- Compliance check sheets - Free.
- Duplicate compliance course certificates for testers and garages - £10.
- New certificate for tester or garage due to transfer of tester or relocation of garage - £10 each.
- Full vehicle inspection and photographed evidence report to include vehicle defect/stop notice if required - £99.
- Liverpool City Council one day compliance course - £195.
- Liverpool City Council bi-annual one day compliance refresher course - £195.
- E7 half day awareness course - £75.
Guidance notes and documents