Keep me posted

Our free email alerts service will help keep you connected to the things that matter to you.

Enter your email address to get started or to edit your account.

Complaints about council services

Have your say

Have Your Say is the council’s scheme for dealing with comments, compliments and complaints about the services we provide.

We will pass compliments on to the people concerned and we will use your comments to help us improve what we do.

Before you start
Have Your Say is for formal complaints, comments and compliments (not 'one-off' service requests). For general service requests, try:
Missed bin collections | Challenge a parking or bus lane PCN | Other issues (e.g. report broken lights, flytipping, potholes, barking dogs etc.) 

You can make a comment, compliment or complaint in any of the following ways:

  • Make a complaint online

  • Call us on 0151 233 3000 and ask the advisor to input details of your comment, compliment or complaint into our database.
  • Visit a One Stop Shop and ask the advisor to input the details of your comment, compliment or complaint into our database.
  • Ask for a Have Your Say form at any One Stop Shop or any other city council reception point.

Please note that complaints about councillors, health and social care, children’s services and schools follow a different procedure. Visit the complaints procedure page for more information about how to complain about these services.

What happens once I have made a complaint?

We will do our best to resolve your complaint about a council service to your satisfaction. We will do this by following the council’s complaints procedure.

The following documents provide more information about Have Your Say and how we deal with unreasonable and vexatious customers.