Liverpool City Council exists to serve and represent the interests of its citizens and communities and to ensure the provision of the best possible services for its residents.
Liverpool City Council will provide strong, fair and trusted leadership for the City and for its people.
Liverpool City Council will work with any organisations or people willing to improve the prospects of the City, its communities and its residents.
Liverpool - a distinctive Global City.
Aims and priorities
We will make Liverpool the preferred choice for investment and job creation by…
- Exploiting the national and international profile of the city and the vitality of its citizens.
- Enhancing the City’s infrastructure, links and distinctive sense and quality of place.
- Encouraging business creation, growth and productivity.
- Supporting research, innovation and enterprise throughout the city.
We will empower people to enjoy the best possible quality of life and reach their full potential by…
- Reducing inequalities by improving life chances and protecting and promoting good health.
- Giving children the best possible start in life.
- Raising skills and educational attainment for all age groups.
- Promoting independence and independent living.
- Protecting and supporting our most vulnerable residents.
We will make Liverpool a more sustainable, connected and attractive city by…
- Promoting new ‘green’ industries and encouraging new generation technologies.
- Reducing carbon emissions from buildings, vehicles and operations.
- Ensuring the city has the best possible physical and virtual connectivity.
- Optimising the value of green and public space in the City.
We will build strong, attractive and accessible neighbourhoods by…
- Developing a shared sense of identity and community pride.
- Encouraging more engagement with local people and groups.
- Improving the quality, range and choice of housing.
- Making all area of the City clean, vibrant, accessible and safe.
We will ensure services are efficient, effective and offer value for money by…
- Putting the customer first.
- Encouraging more innovation.
- Empowering our staff.
- Working with partners to improve service quality.
- Making the best use of our assets and resources.
- We work for the customer not ourselves.
- We do everything we can to provide excellent services and encourage our partners to do the same.
- We lead by example.
- We treat customers and colleagues with fairness and respect.
- We continually improve what we do and how we do it.
- We take pride in our city and ourselves.
- We make the best possible use of what resources we have available.
- We focus on outcomes rather than processes.
- We believe in real partnership, together with partners we can be trusted to make a difference in everything we do.
- We are open to change and to criticism in order to improve what we do and how we do it. As a City and a Council we will achieve success and celebrate it.