Keep me posted

Our free email alerts service will help keep you connected to the things that matter to you.

Enter your email address to get started or to edit your account.

Civil wedding premise licence

You can apply for a marriage premise licence to hold civil weddings in appropriate buildings.

How to apply

Licences are normally granted within three months from when you make the application.


The marriage licence fee is £1000.  You can:

Pay online 

  • Send a cheque with your application, made payable to Liverpool City Council. 

Guidance notes