Keep me posted

Our free email alerts service will help keep you connected to the things that matter to you.

Enter your email address to get started or to edit your account.

Food business licences

It is a statutory requirement to register premises used for a food business. This includes market stalls, delivery vehicles and other movable structures.

You will also need to consider whether your premises need to be approved (e.g. if you intend to use fresh meat, raw minced meat, raw eggs or milk etc.).

How to register food business/apply for approval

Further guidance

If you are thinking about opening a food business, the Food Standards Agency website has lots of advice for new businesses.