Marriages and civil partnerships
Approved wedding venues in Liverpool
Under the Marriage Act of 1994 civil marriages and civil partnerships may take place in a variety of premises. These include hotels, stately homes, football grounds and historic buildings licensed by the Local Authority. These locations are known as Approved Venues.
The venues currently approved in Liverpool are:
- Allerton Hall.
- The Athenaeum.
- The Beatles Story.
- Blackburne House Group.
- The Bluecoat.
- The Brink Cafe.
- Britannia Adelphi Hotel.
- Camp and Furnace.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel.
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
- Croxteth Hall and Country Park.
- Devonshire House Hotel.
- Doubletree by Hilton.
- Epstein Theatre.
- Everton Football Club.
- Everyman Theatre.
- The Feathers Hotel, City Centre.
- Florence Institute.
- Hallmark Hotel.
- Harbourside Marina.
- Hard Days Night Hotel.
- Hilton Liverpool.
- Hope Street Hotel.
- The Isla Gladstone.
- Jurys Inn.
- The Liner at Liverpool.
- Liverpool Blue Coat School Foundation.
- Liverpool Cricket Club, Aigburth Road, Liverpool.
- Liverpool Football Club.
- Liverpool Medical Institution.
- Liverpool Town Hall.
- Malmaison Liverpool.
- Marriott Hotel, 1 Queen Square, City Centre.
- Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel.
- Merseyside Maritime Museum, Albert Dock.
- Palm House, Sefton Park.
- Pullman Hotel.
- Racquet Club.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, City Centre.
- Richmond Hotel.
- Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Hall.
- Sefton Park Hotel.
- Shankly Hotel.
- Silvestrian, Vauxhall Millennium Resource Centre.
- Speke Hall.
- St George's Hall.
- Titanic Hotel and Rum Warehouse.
- The Venue, Royal Liver Building.
- The Victoria Gallery and Museum.
- 30 James Street - Home of the Titanic.
- 60 Hope Street.
- 62 Castle St.
In addition to the costs of giving notice of marriage or civil partnership, the ceremony fees are as follows:
Fees correct up to 31st March 2018
For ceremonies up to 5pm
- Monday to Thursday: £300 (£310 for ceremonies on or after 1st April 2018).
- Friday: £330 (£340 for ceremonies on or after 1st April 2018).
- Saturday: £370 (£380 for ceremonies on or after 1st April 2018).
- Sundays and Bank Holidays: £450 (£460 for ceremonies on or after 1st April 2018).
For ceremonies after 5.15pm
- Monday-Sunday: £450 (£460 for ceremonies on or after 1st April 2018).
The fee includes one copy of your marriage or civil partnership certificate. Copies of certificates can always be obtained at a later date.
Registrar booking service
You can make a provisional booking online for a registrar to conduct your ceremony up to two years in advance. Find out more about the registrar booking service.
Planning your ceremony
To ensure that your wedding is personal to you there are a number of ways in which you can enhance your ceremony:
- Ring bearers
- Candle lighting
- Including children of the couple
- Legal vows
- Exchange of rings
Please note that any enhancements chosen must not contain any religious references or be taken from any religious texts.