Under the Marriage Act of 1994 civil marriages and civil partnerships may take place in a variety of premises. These include hotels, stately homes, football grounds and historic buildings licensed by the Local Authority. These locations are known as Approved Venues.
The venues currently approved in Liverpool are:
- Alicia Hotel.
- The Athenaeum.
- The Beatles Story.
- Blackburne House Group.
- The Bluecoat.
- The Brink Cafe.
- Britannia Adelphi Hotel.
- Camp and Furnace.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel.
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
- Croxteth Hall and Country Park.
- Devonshire House Hotel.
- East Z East.
- Empire Theatre.
- Epstein Theatre.
- Everton Football Club.
- The Feathers Hotel, City Centre.
- Florence Institute.
- Hard Days Night Hotel.
- Hilton Liverpool.
- Holiday Inn Hotel, City Centre.
- Hope Street Hotel.
- The Isla Gladstone.
- Jurys Inn.
- The Liner at Liverpool.
- Liverpool Blue Coat School Foundation.
- Liverpool Cricket Club, Aigburth Road, Liverpool.
- Liverpool Football Club.
- Liverpool Town Hall.
- Malmaison Liverpool.
- Marriott Hotel, 1 Queen Square, City Centre.
- Merseyside Maritime Museum, Albert Dock.
- Palm House, Sefton Park.
- Racquet Club.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, City Centre.
- Richmond Luxury Living.
- Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Hall.
- Sefton Park Hotel.
- Silvestrian, Vauxhall Millennium Resource Centre.
- Speke Hall.
- St George's Hall.
- Thistle Hotel, Atlantic Tower.
- Titanic Hotel and Rum Warehouse.
- The Venue, Royal Liver Building.
- The Victoria Gallery and Museum.
- The Yacht Club.
- 30 James Street - Home of the Titanic.
- 60 Hope Street.
- 62 Castle St.
In addition to the costs of giving notice of marriage or civil partnership, the ceremony fees are as follows:
1 April 2015 - 31 March 2016
For ceremonies up to 5pm
- Monday to Thursday : £300
- Friday: £330
- Saturday: £370
- Sundays and Bank Holidays: £450
For ceremonies after 5.15pm
The fee includes one copy of your marriage or civil partnership certificate. Copies of certificates can always be obtained at a later date.
Registrar booking service
You can make a provisional booking online for a registrar to conduct your ceremony up to two years in advance. Find out more about the registrar booking service.
Planning your ceremony
To ensure that your wedding is personal to you there are a number of ways in which you can enhance your ceremony:
- Ring bearers
- Candle lighting
- Including children of the couple
- Legal vows
- Exchange of rings
Please note that any enhancements chosen must not contain any religious references or be taken from any religious texts.