Under the Marriage Act of 1994 civil marriages and civil partnerships may be solemnised in a variety of premises. These include hotels, stately homes, football grounds and historic buildings licensed by the Local Authority. These locations are known as Approved Venues.
An up-to-date list of Liverpool's approved venues is kept at the Register Office. Currently it includes:
- Alicia Hotel.
- The Athenaeum.
- The Beatles Story.
- Blackburne House Group.
- The Bluecoat.
- Britannia Adelphi Hotel.
- Camp and Furnace.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel.
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
- Croxteth Hall and Country Park.
- Devonshire House Hotel.
- East Z East.
- Empire Theatre.
- Epstein Theatre.
- Everton Football Club.
- The Feathers Hotel, City Centre.
- Florence Institute.
- Hard Days Night Hotel.
- Hilton Liverpool.
- Holiday Inn Hotel, City Centre.
- Hope Street Hotel.
- The Isla Gladstone.
- Jurys Inn.
- The Liner at Liverpool.
- Liverpool Blue Coat School Foundation.
- Liverpool Cricket Club, Aigburth Road, Liverpool.
- Liverpool Football Club.
- Liverpool Marina and Harbourside Club.
- Liverpool Town Hall.
- Malmaison Liverpool.
- Marriott Hotel, 1 Queen Square, City Centre.
- Merseyside Maritime Museum, Albert Dock.
- Palm House, Sefton Park.
- Racquet Club.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, City Centre.
- Richmond Luxury Living.
- Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Hall.
- Sefton Park Hotel.
- Speke Hall.
- St George's Hall.
- Thistle Hotel, Atlantic Tower.
- The Victoria Gallery and Museum.
- 30 James Street - Home of the Titanic.
- 60 Hope Street.
- 62 Castle St.
Is there a charge for marrying at an approved venue?
In addition to the costs of giving notice of the marriage, the following fees are payable to the Superintendent Registrar for marriage ceremonies at approved venues. The fees include a copy of the Marriage Certificate and are due at least one month prior to the date of the marriage.
Prices correct up to and including 31st March 2015
- Monday to Thursday: £280
- Friday: £310
- Saturday: £350
- Sundays and Bank Holidays: £430
These fees are separate from any other fees charged by the venue.
Registrar booking service
You can make a provisional booking online for a registrar to conduct your ceremony up to two years in advance.
Find out more about the registrar booking service.