Nationality checking service and citizenship ceremonies
European passport return service
The European passport return service is available for EEA and Swiss nationals applying online using the EEA(QP) or EEA(PR) application forms to obtain permanent residency in the UK.
As a participating local authority we can photocopy EEA or Swiss passports and forward a copy along with the checklist, application and supporting documents to the Home Office. Your passport will then be available for use while your application is being processed.
The fee for this service is £10 per applicant.
We offer a walk-in service at Liverpool Register Office every Wednesday from 9am to 11am. Waiting times may vary due to the demand for this service.Liverpool Register Office
St George's Hall
St George's Place
Please look for the 'Heritage Entrance'. Our reception is located on the 1st floor.
What you need to bring
You must attend the appointment in person (if over the age of 15 years and 6 months) and:
- Bring the completed checklist and have your PNN reference.
- Bring original passports and 2 passport photographs.
- Bring the original supporting documents as stated on the checklist.
- Bring a copy of your application.
- Copy and certify the passports of EEA or Swiss nationals so that you can use your passports as normal during the application process.
- Securely deliver the certified copies, application, supporting documents and checklist list to the Home Office.