Nationality checking service and citizenship ceremonies
European passport return service
The European passport return service is available for EEA and Swiss nationals applying online using the EEA(QP) or EEA(PR) application forms to obtain permanent residency in the UK.
As a participating local authority we can photocopy EEA or Swiss passports and forward a copy along with the checklist, application and supporting documents to the Home Office. Your passport will then be available for use while your application is being processed.
The service is available by appointment only and you must attend an appointment within 5 working days of submitting your online form.
The fee for this service is £10.
Make an appointment
To make an appointment please call 0151 233 3004.
Attending your appointment
- Attend the appointment in person.
- Have completed the the checklist and have your PNN reference.
- Bring original passports and 2 passport photographs.
- Bring the original supporting documents as stated on the checklist.
- Bring a copy of your application.
- Copy and certify the passports of EEA or Swiss nationals so that you can use your passports as normal during the application process.
- Securely deliver the certified copies, application, supporting documents and checklist list to the Home Office.