Nationality checking service and citizenship ceremonies
European passport return service
The European passport return service is available for EEA and Swiss nationals applying online using the EEA(QP) or EEA(PR) application forms to obtain permanent residency in the UK.
As a participating local authority we can photocopy EEA or Swiss passports and forward a copy along with the checklist, application and supporting documents to the Home Office. Your passport will then be available for use while your application is being processed.
The service is available for single adult applications and you must attend an appointment within 5 working days of submitting your online form.
The fee for this service is £10.
We are piloting a walk in service at Liverpool Register Office each Wednesday between 9am and 11am from 13th February to 31st March. Waiting times may vary due to the demand for this service.Liverpool Register Office
St George's Hall
St George's Place
Please look for the 'Heritage Entrance'. Our reception is located on the 1st floor.
What you need to bring
You must attend the appointment in person and:
- Bring the completed checklist and have your PNN reference.
- Bring original passports and 2 passport photographs.
- Bring the original supporting documents as stated on the checklist.
- Bring a copy of your application.
- Copy and certify the passports of EEA or Swiss nationals so that you can use your passports as normal during the application process.
- Securely deliver the certified copies, application, supporting documents and checklist list to the Home Office.