Austin Smith Small Grants Fund
Opening date: Monday 25th September 2017
Closing date: Friday 20th October 2017 at 12.00 noon
This grant fund is for grass root community groups with projects that benefit people in and around the L8 area in Picton, Riverside and Princes Park wards.
In its fifth successful year, Liverpool City Council, the L8 Law Centre and the Passionist Church are opening the above grant funding programme. The Fund was set up in the memory of Austin Smith a Passionist priest and community activist who dedicated his time to serving the local community. Father Austin died in March 2011.
What is the amount of grant available?
You will be able to apply for a grant up to £350 per organisation.
Who can apply?
Small not for profit community groups in Picton, Riverside and Princes Park wards. Previous grant applicants can apply however precedence will be given to new applications.
What you will need to apply
- a governing document
- a bank account in the name of the organisation with two unrelated cheque signatories (do not send details in with application)
For more information on the above, please contact email@example.com, 0151 233 7020.
What the grants are to be used for?
Here are some ideas but the purpose of the fund is broad and a wide range of community activities can be considered.
- help start, new small projects and activities
- youth activities/projects
- contribute towards the running of an event, festival or other special occasion which will promote community involvement
- groups who deliver inter-generational activities especially those which may reduce isolation
- projects that will develop stronger communities and people working together to tackle issues in their neighbourhood
- projects that have long lasting benefits
Small grants will not be awarded for the following:
- applications from individuals
- social care or health care
- staff salaries and management costs
- purchase of vehicles/IT equipment
- general appeals/fundraising/overseas travel
- schools/registered social landlords
- purchase or consumption of alcohol
How to apply
If you need any further information please contact 0151 233 7020, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.