Commonwealth Games small grants fund
A £10,000 funding pot has been established by the Mayor to directly engage local communities in raising the profile of commonwealth games activities in Liverpool. Funding of up to £500 per group or organisation can be accessed by a range of community groups, civic organisations, volunteer groups, clubs and providers based in Liverpool to benefit local communities.
This grant will be to support groups to deliver activities around the commonwealth sports, and increase participation and partnership work within the community.
What is the amount of grant available?
You'll be able to apply for a grant up to £500, one application per organisation.
Who can apply?
- Not for profit voluntary community organisations
- Voluntary sports clubs and physical activity providers.
Organisations must be based within Liverpool boundaries and benefit the local communities in the city.
What you will need to apply
- A governing document
- A bank account in the name of the organisation with 2 unrelated cheque signatories (do not send details in with application)
What can the grants be used for?
We welcome applicants who will work together on a wide range of activities and share resources.
- Help start new initiatives and activities linked to commonwealth games sports
- Target people doing less than 150 minutes of moderate activity per week
- Be linked to local schools/groups
You will be expected to demonstrate how your bid reflects the communities you are working with.
Grants will not be awarded for the following purposes:
- Applications from individuals
- Staff salaries and management costs
- Purchase of vehicles/IT equipment
- General appeals/fundraising/overseas travel
- Purchase of consumption of alcohol
- Projects which duplicate services
How to apply
If you need any further information please contact Donna Hall 0151 233 5261 or firstname.lastname@example.org