Environmental Initiative Fund
Opening date: Tuesday 20th March 2018.
Closing date: Friday 27th April 2018 at 12 noon.
A £20,000 funding pot has been established by the Mayor to directly engage local communities in local action in their local green spaces.
Funding of up to £500 per group or organisation can be accessed by a range of community groups, civic organisations, volunteer groups, school parent-teacher associations and small to medium sized (under 250 employees) city-based businesses.
How much is available?
You will be able to apply for a grant up to £500, one application per organisation.
Who can apply?
Not for profit voluntary community organisations, school parent teacher associations and small/medium enterprises who want to make local environmental improvements. Organisations must be based within Liverpool boundaries and benefit the local communities in the city.
We will not accept applications from individuals, registered social landlords or schools, although applications from school parent teacher associations are welcomed, as stated above.
What you will need to apply
- A governing document.
- A bank account in the name of the organisation with two unrelated cheque signatories (please do not send their details in with your application). SMEs must have a bank account in the name of the business.
What can the grants are to be used for?
We welcome applicants who will work together on a wide range of activities and share resources to:
- Help start new initiatives and activities.
- Contribute towards large projects.
- Deliver environmental inter-generational activities.
- Develop projects that will have long lasting benefits.
Make general improvements to green space e.g. litter picking in parks and green spaces, greening and planting projects and environmental enhancement.
Grants will not be awarded for:
- The purchase or consumption of alcohol.
- The purchase of vehicles/IT equipment.
- Staff salaries and management costs.
- General appeals/fundraising/overseas travel.
- Projects which duplicate services.
- Christmas trees.
How to apply
Once you have complete the form please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Friday 27th April 2018 at 12 noon.
If you need advice or would like to discuss your project idea with us, please contact email@example.com or telephone 0151 233 7017.