Finance, funding and grants
Liverpool Youth Contract
Liverpool Youth Contract (nationally funded programme) is offering businesses across the city an Apprenticeship Wage Subsidy of up to £3.5k. Employers will support the recruitment of young people into Apprenticeships (Liverpool residents, 16/17 year olds who are not currently in Employment, Education or Training).
The number of grants available to employers is limited at this time. Upon receipt of your application you will be contacted by a member of the team for further information on grant availability.
- Liverpool City Council and Connexions will assist you in recruiting a Liverpool resident(s) aged 16/17 who is not currently in Employment, Education or Training.
- Employers will benefit from a pre recruitment matching service.
- Free training for apprentices will be delivered by approved Skills Funding Agency Training Providers.
- The Liverpool Youth Contract Apprenticeship Wage Subsidy initiative will pay the National Minimum Wage (£3.72 per hour) for the first six months of an apprentice’s employment.
- Support will be offered to all employers in terms of mentoring and coaching the young people during their apprenticeship.
We are happy to support multiple applications and we are looking for proposals of any size.
- An additional £1.5k may be available to those employers who meet the National Apprenticeship Services Age Grant eligibility criteria. Further details about this grant and eligibility criteria can be found at www.apprenticeships.org.uk.
- You will be expected to provide a full time apprenticeship opportunity to 16/17 year olds (who are not currently in Employment, Education or Training).
- Apprenticeships will last at least 12 months.
- We will favour proposals from businesses who can provide a sustainable future for our apprentices, and whose employment will continue beyond our funding.
- We will place greater emphasis on supporting those employers who help fill recognised skills gaps, or target potential areas for economic growth in the City’s transformational area such as: SuperPort, Low Carbon Economy / environmental related work, Visitor Economy, creative, digital, media, financial and professional and Five Star Customer Service.
- We particularly welcome applications from businesses operating within the newly created Mayoral Development Zones and the Liverpool City Enterprise Zone.