Ways to pay for your licence
From July 28th 2017 you will only be able to pay by cheque, credit or debit card when you collect any taxi or operator licence. We will no longer accept cash payments.
Private hire operator licence
How to apply
- Download, complete and return the private hire operators’ application form to the licensing unit.
- Download and read the conditions of licence for private hire operators.
- Download and read the conditions of licence for private hire vehicles.
You will need to supply the address in Liverpool you wish to operate from and pay a five year licence fee of £750.
In addition to having a private hire operators’ licence, you will also need:
- A taxi plate for all vehicles involved in private hire work.
- Private hire driver’s licence for all persons driving any licensed private hire vehicles.
To operate a private hire taxi company you will need to apply for planning permission to make sure that if your business is run from home, it will not cause nuisance or obstruction to your neighbours.
Type of work that requires an operators’ licence
Any pre-booked work such as airport transfers, hen or stag nights or work of a similar nature.
If your vehicle is equipped to carry up to eight passengers, a private operator’s licence from the council is sufficient. Anything above eight seats requires the licence to be obtained from the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA).