What do I need?
You will need to bring the following items with you to this appointment:
- Your Passport or Birth Certificate.
- Your National Insurance number.
- Your valid photocard driving licence or old style paper driving licence.
- A unique code from the DVLA website which allows us to check the status of your driving licence. The code is only valid for 72 hours.
- A medical certificate – only licence holders who are reapplying at the ages of 45, 50, 55, 60 and 65 must bring a medical certificate to this appointment.
- Your Liverpool Standard Part 2 Certificate - we can no longer give temporary licence extensions to those who have not completed this course.
- The fee for a three-year licence - £150.
- The fee for a Certificate of Disclosure (DBS check) - £44. Please be aware that if you have registered for the DBS update service we can check your certificate status online without having to apply for a new check.
- From the 1st January 2016, all drivers renewing a taxi or private hire licence must have a Certificate of Good Conduct if they have lived or been on holiday outside the UK for more than three months since their last licence was issued.
- The fee for a DVLA mandate - £7.50.
At this initial appointment we then fill in and send off your Certificate of Disclosure (DBS check) and DVLA applications for you and issue you with a temporary three-month licence while you wait for your Certificate of Disclosure to be returned to you by post.