Business and street trading
Vacant units at St John's Market
Do you sell food, preserves, jams, cheese, deli, 'world foods', children’s fashion, teenage fashion, household goods, soft furnishings, linen or haberdashery? Are you interested in running a stall at St John's Market? Find out more
Trading at markets and farmers markets
Our casual markets include: Garston, Great Homer Street, Monument Place and Tuebrook.
Applying for a stall at a casual market
Casual traders wishing to attend one of the casual markets must arrive at your chosen market between 7am and 8am. You must bring the following:
- An original Public Liability document to the sum of £5m.
- Two forms of identification – one photographic (passport or driving licence) and a utility bill issued within the previous three months.
- The name and address on the identification must be the same as on your insurance.
You will be required to complete a registration form on the day, which the Market Manager will provide you with.
The following charges apply:
- Garston - £4.92 per metre (£1.50 per foot frontage).
- Great Homer Street - £6.89 per metre (£2.10 per foot frontage).
- Monument Place - £4.10 per metre (£1.25 per foot frontage).
- Tuebrook - £6.89 per metre (£2.10 per foot frontage).
Permanent indoor markets
Stalls on St Johns Market and Great Homer Street indoor market are let by tender. If you are interested in applying for a stall in either market, you can:
Contact the Market Manager on 0151 233 5502.
To apply for a stall on a farmers market, contact Liverpool Markets Team on 07720 829985 or 0151 233 5502 for an application form.
The charge for a stall on any farmers market is £35 per stall, per market day.