Entertainment & alcohol
Sex establishment licence
The Council does not take a moral stand in the licensing of sex establishments and recognises that Parliament has made it lawful to operate a sex establishment and that such businesses are a legitimate part of the retail and leisure industries.
It is the Council’s role as a licensing authority to administer the licensing regime in accordance with the law.
Liverpool City Council has adopted schedule 3 to the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 (as amended by section 27 of the Policing and Crime Act 2009) which allows the Council to licence sex shops, sex cinemas and sexual entertainment venues in the City.
You can view our sex establishment licensing policy in full in the strategies, plans and policies section of this site.
Application forms and guidance notes
Sexual entertainment venues
- Application for a transfer of a sexual entertainment venue licence
- Application for a variation of a sexual entertainment venue licence
- Application for grant of a sexual entertainment venue licence
- Audience note for sexual entertainment venue licensing
- Application for renewal of a sexual entertainment venue licence