Preparing an application
Planning pre-application service
What is it?
The Planning Service offers a pre-application service for businesses which ensures that your application will be dealt with by a dedicated planning officer, who will be able to guide you through the pre-application process and provide support when you need it.
From 1st April we are revising our fees and the services which we offer.
The fee payable depends on the size and complexity of the proposal. You can also view the scale of fees.
Further information about the pre-application process and the benefits it can offer to your business is also set out in our pre-application discussions guidance note.
How to access this service
Where appropriate, we offer a development team approach which outlines our commitment to you and is designed to:
- Encourage pre-application discussions as a crucial element in delivering major regeneration projects.
- Provide an established timetable identifying key dates and timescales in the handling of major planning proposals.
- Involve council departments and key external consultees.
- Set out the responsibilities of both the council and the developer.
- Encourage consultation with the community and Members at an early stage in the development process.
- Establish a process for the case officer to manage the development project and resolve any potential problem areas.
You can read more about the development team approach in our guidance note.