Struggling to make ends meet?

Signposts to council services and partner organisations that can help if you're struggling to make ends meet or are in crisis.

2 child limit

New rules for Child Tax Credit, Housing Benefit and Universal Credit mean that families with 2 or more children won't get extra benefit for children born on or after 6th April 2017 unless special circumstances apply. For advice call 0800 028 3697 or request a referral online.

  • Always room inside logo

    Rough sleeping

    We have provision in place to keep people off the streets 24/7 and services to help them turn their lives around.

  • white ribbon on orange background logo

    Domestic abuse

    If it's happening to you or someone you know call Women's Aid 24 hour helpline on 0808 2000 247 or Men's Advice line on 0808 801 0327.

  • Citizens Advice logo

    Citizens advice

    Your local Citizens Advice can help you deal with debt. Book an appointment with the city centre money advice team or your local office on 0300 330 1196.

Can't pay your Council Tax?

Call 0800 028 3686 if you're having trouble paying your Council Tax, have arrears, are struggling to pay back overpaid Housing Benefit or owe other debts to the council.

Homeless or in rent arrears?

Housing Options provides help and advice if you're homeless or threatened with homelessness. Call 0800 731 6844 or visit any One Stop Shop.

  • Healthy homes logo

    Healthy Homes

    The Healthy Homes team provide free help and advice to local people who are struggling to pay their energy bills and heat their homes.

  • Blue universal credit logo

    Universal Credit (UC)

    UC is a big change from any benefits or tax credits you may get now, and you'll need to be ready to manage your claim differently.

  • Livewell blue and green logo

    Live Well Directory

    A directory of local care and support services, information and activities for the Liverpool City Region (LCR).

Don't miss out on tax credits

Millions of pounds go unclaimed every year by people who are entitled. Don't be one of them. Check if you qualify today.

If you're struggling to make ends meet

The Mayoral Hardship Fund and Liverpool Citizens Support Scheme may be able to help if you need money to buy food, sanitary products and essential items for children, essential clothing or if you need white goods, furniture or help to set up home after suffering an emergency or crisis.