Make a complaint about adult services & health

It is very important that we know about any problems. If you tell us what is going wrong, that gives us the opportunity to put it right and to make sure that our systems are improved for the future.

How to complain

You can make a complaint using the following options:

Make a complaint online

Email your complaint to, call Careline on 0151 233 3800 to register your complaint, or write to: Customer Insight and Information Team, Liverpool City Council, Adult Services, Municipal Buildings, Dale Street, L2 2DH.

What happens next?

We will try to address your concerns as soon as possible.

Local resolution

We expect to resolve the majority of our complaints at this point. An officer from the service you have made the complaint about will provide a response to the issues you have raised. We expect to respond to you within 20 working days, but will let you know if our response is likely to take longer.

Local Government Ombudsman

If you are unhappy with our response, you can take your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.


Are you looking for support to stand up for yourself or someone you know? Healthwatch Liverpool offers an advocacy service. Please read their advocacy leaflet or contact them directly at:

1st Floor,
151 Dale Street,
Liverpool L2 2AH
Tel: 0300 77 77 007.
Text: 07842 552 878

Further information