Keep me posted

Our free email alerts service will help keep you connected to the things that matter to you.

Enter your email address to get started or to edit your account.

Have Your Say

Formal complaints and compliments

If you need to make a formal complaint (or perhaps pay our hard-working staff a compliment), then you're in the right place.

Before you start
Have Your Say is for formal complaints, comments and compliments (not 'one-off' service requests). For general service requests, try:
Missed bin collectionsChallenge a parking or bus lane PCN | Other issues
(e.g. report broken lights, flytipping, potholes, barking dogs etc.)

Submit a Have Your Say


Complete the Have Your Say form

By phone

Contact 0151 233 3000 and we'll take the details for you.

Face to face

Call in to a One Stop Shop.

What happens next?

If you've paid us a compliment - thanks! It means a lot and we'll pass it on to our staff.

If things haven't gone so well and you need to complain then:

  • Step one: We'll deal with your complaint within two weeks.
  • Step two: We'll carry out a full and fair investigation within a further month if things are not resolved.

We will keep you informed if our investigation needs to take longer or if it needs to be handled differently.

Find out more about 'Have Your Say'

If you need to know more, or you'd like to see how we're performing then visit our council information area