You are eligible for this discount if all of the following applies to you:
- You live at the same property as the person receiving care.
- The person you care for is over 18.
- You provide care for at least 35 hours a week.
- The person you care for is not your spouse or partner.
The person you care for receives any of the following benefits:
- Middle or higher rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance.
- Daily living component of Personal Independence Payment at any rate.
- Attendance Allowance at any rate.
- Armed Forces Independence payment.
- Highest rate of Constant Attendance Allowance.
You do not have to claim Carer’s Allowance to qualify for this discount, and your income and savings will not affect your eligibility.
If there is more than one carer in the property, all can be classed as carers providing they meet the criteria above.
You are not eligible to apply if you don't meet the above criteria