Councillors and committees
The Lord Mayor of Liverpool is Councillor Roz Gladden. The Lord Mayor is always a serving councillor, elected by the full Council at its annual general meeting in May, and stands for one year in office.
The Lord Mayor is the first citizen and chosen representative of the city, acting as the focal point of the community as well as promoting the city and forging national and international links.
Role of the Lord Mayor
The Lord Mayor's role is to:
- Represent the city at civic functions and engagements.
- Promote the city nationally and internationally.
- Support local charities and community groups.
- Attend religious events of all denominations.
- Meet delegates from twinned cities.
- Chair council meetings.
- Confer Honorary Freement and associations.
To find out more about the Lord Mayor, visit the Lord Mayor's section on the Liverpool City Halls website.