Plan making in Liverpool
Consultation on the Submission Draft Liverpool Local Plan 2013-2033
The Submission Draft Liverpool Local Plan 2013-2033 is our masterplan for meeting the needs of our growing city. Find out more and how to comment
Current Local Plan documents
Planning applications are currently decided upon primarily by using the policies of the Unitary Development Plan (UDP), a statutory document which is a one of the documents that sits within the Local Plan. The UDP will gradually be replaced when the Liverpool Local Plan is adopted and until this time the UDP policies will still be used to determine planning applications.
In some cases the policies in the Joint Merseyside and Halton Waste Local Plan will also be applicable. View a list of UDP Policies which were replaced by the Waste Local Plan.
Other adopted documents
Joint Merseyside and Halton Waste Local Plan is concerned with the scale, location and type of facilities required to manage all types of waste in Merseyside and Halton. The Waste Local Plan was adopted on 18th July 2013.
- Edge Lane West SPD.
- Ropewalks SPD.
- Oldham Street SPD.
- Commercial Quarter SPD.
- Ensuring a Choice of Travel SPD.
- World Heritage Site SPD.
- Design for Access for All SPD.
- Anfield Spatial Regeneration Framework SPD.
- Baltic Triangle Planning Framework (non-statutory planning policy guidance).
- Paddington Village Spatial Regeneration Framework.
- Paddington Village Final Sustainability Report.
- Paddington Village Consultation Statement.