Equality, diversity and cohesion
Equality, Diversity and Cohesion Delivery
Under the overarching theme a strong, diverse city built on fairness, Liverpool City Council has agreed five equality objectives for 2016-2020. These are:
- Listen, involve and respond to local communities.
- Strengthen our knowledge and understanding of our communities.
- Consultative and accountable leadership making fair and transparent decisions.
- A fair and inclusive employer.
- Good quality accessible services, buildings and public spaces.
Our equality objectives for 2016-2020 have been developed in consultation with our staff and citizens. Read a summary of the consultation.
Our Action Plan for 2016/17 gives examples of how we will be working towards delivering our equality objectives over the coming year. It is a living document and may be updated throughout the year.
We welcome comments at any time. Please contact us.