Healthy Homes Programme
What we do
The Healthy Homes team provide free help and advice to local people who are struggling to pay their energy bills and heat their homes.
We can help you if you are living on a lower income and cannot keep your home warm at a reasonable cost - no more than 10% of your total income.
Subject to an initial assessment, we can:
- Help you to understand your bills, choose the best payment method, use less energy or switch energy tartiff (this may include wiping any debt).
- Check to see if you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to.
- Carry out minor window casement repairs.
- Repair or replace boilers, or replace one or more of your radiators.
- Provide emergency or temporary heating.
You can speak to a member of our team or arrange a free home visit by calling Freephone: 0800 012 1754 or email email@example.com.
Where you can find us
- GP surgeries.
- Hospital discharge wards.
- Respiratory clinics.
- CAB offices.
- Community groups and centres.
All Healthy Homes officers wear a Healthy Homes uniform and carry their Liverpool City Council identification badge. If you are in any doubt, you can call us on Freephone 0800 0121 754 to check.
What should I expect?
If you decide you would like our help, we will ask you a series of questions about your health and home and record them on a form. These questions are designed to help us identify any health or support needs you may have. We will also complete a full energy assessment of your property.
We work closely with a wide network of partners who provide support services to local people. This means that we can put residents in contact with organisations who can help them. Some of these partner include:
- Citizen Advice Bureau.
- Smokefree Liverpool.
- Merseyside Fire Service.
You can read more about the other service providers we work with on our partners page.