Adapting or improving your home
Need help with minor repairs and small jobs in the home?
Our handyperson service provides help with household maintenance, gardening and repairs for Liverpool residents aged 50+ or if you have a disability.
It helps people to live more independently and securely in their own homes.
Am I eligible?
If you are a homeowner, private tenant or housing association tenant in Liverpool who is over 50 years of age or disabled you can use this service.
Is there a cost?
The service is free - you just pay the cost for materials.
Book a job
To book an appointment, or have a chat about your needs, please call Riverside Housing on 0151 295 6102.
A few examples of what we can help with include:
- Replacing light bulbs.
- Replace electric fuses and plugs.
- Fit wireless doorbells.
- Fit wireless smoke alarms.
- Rehang or adjust doors.
- Install grab rails.
- Assemble flat pack furniture.
- Fit smoke alarms.
- Fit door chains/spy holes, new or replacement locks.
- Garden tidy.
- Put up shelves and pictures.
- Repair small areas of fencing and garden gates.
- Take down/put up curtains and rails.
- Move small pieces of furniture.
- Unblock sinks.
- Change washers.
- Turn mattresses.
- Replace broken toilet seats.
- Renew bath sealants.
This service is managed by the council in partnership with Riverside Housing.