Energy efficiency and fuel poverty
E.ON's energy-efficient home improvements offer
Liverpool City Council and E.ON have teamed up to offer energy-efficient improvements to homes lived in by private tenants or owners on certain qualifying benefits. Applicants do not have to be E.ON customers.
What's on offer?
- Help with the cost of a new A-rated gas boiler if the current one is broken or faulty.
- Free home cavity wall insulation which could reduce energy bills by up to £475 a year.
- Funding towards the cost of external wall insulation.
- Finance options for a new gas boiler.
Who can apply?
You may qualify for help, subject to a survey of your property, if:
- You own your own home and are on qualifying benefits.
- You are a private landlord with a tenant on qualifying 'Affordable Warmth' benefits.
What are the qualifying 'Affordable Warmth' benefits?
As long as the household income does not exceed set limits, the qualifying benefits for the scheme are:
- Universal Credit.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Income Support.
- Pension Guarantee Credit.
- Tax credits.
How to apply
I'm a landlord
Landlords with a tenant on qualifying benefits will receive a letter telling them about the scheme.
You can also call E.ON on 0330 400 1798 for a free landlord pack and quote 'Liverpool Landlord Offers'.
Lines are open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, and 10am-6pm on Saturdays. Calls from mobiles and landlines are charged at your local rate.
When you return your landlord pack E.ON will assess your application and contact your tenant directly to arrange a free home energy survey. A no obligation quote will be posted directly to you.
I'm a tenant
If you rent from a private landlord and are on qualifying benefits you will need to ask your landlord to apply.
How to apply if you are a homeowner
To book your free no obligation survey today call 0330 400 1798 and quote 'Liverpool Owner Offers'.
Lines open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, and 10pm-6pm on Saturday. Calls from mobiles and landlines are charged at your local rate.