HSBC UK City Ride - Sunday 24th September
Bring your friends, bring your family, and join us on a big traffic-free ride to remember around Liverpool – with loads of free entertainment, plenty to see and have a go at. It’s totally free to take part – so register your free place now.
Cycle Liverpool South Bike Rides
- Every Sunday leaving at 10.30am prompt.
Meet us at the Eros statue in Sefton Park (next to the café). A trained team of cycle leaders will guide you through a range of routes all beginning in Aigburth, south Liverpool, and taking approximately 1-1.5 hours.
The rides have been planned to appeal to beginners and those who feel their skills have become a bit rusty, but everyone is welcome. The emphasis is on fun and discovery. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. Please arrive in plenty of time for your bike to be checked over and for an introduction to the ride.
- 9th July - Calderstones Park.
- 16th July – no ride.
- 23rd July - no ride.
- 30th July - Croxteth Park.
- 6th August – Sefton and Princes parks.
- 13th August – Liverpool city centre.
- 20th August – Croxteth Park.
- 27th August – Hale Village.
Cycle Speke - Every Saturday at 10am (for 10.15am start)
For a free friendly bike ride, meet us at Speke Fire Station, Cartwrights Farm Road, L24 1UY.
Pool bikes and cycle helmets are available free of charge - you need to arrive at 10am to get kitted out. Rides are led by trained Cycle Leaders and are suitable for most abilities and last for around 2½ hours, including a coffee stop. Every few weeks a longer ride is planned. For more information visit www.facebook.com/CycleSpeke, call 07548 736073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 22nd July - Pier Head (19 miles).
- 29th July - Victoria Park, Widnes (17 miles).
- 5th August – the Dream (25 miles).
- 12th August - Speke Hall via Festival Gardens (14 miles).
- 19th August - Fiddlers Ferry Tavern (22 miles).
- 26th August - Sefton, Princes & Greenbank Parks (16 miles).
Rides with BNENC Ltd and Everton in the Community
From the Breckfield Centre (BNENC), Breckfield Road North, Liverpool L5 4QT.
- Wednesdays at 10am - women only cycling group. Led by two female cycle leaders, we leave the Breckfield Centre and cycle round a different park each week. Free, with bikes, helmets and high visibility waterproof jackets provided - just bring yourself. Contact Kerry on 07598 837 309 to join.
- Thursdays at 10am – mixed cycling group. All rides are led by trained leaders and cycle assistants. Rides last no longer than three hours and are designed to engage in a warm and friendly way. All rides have breaks and go at the speed of the slowest rider. For more information please email email@example.com or call 0151 288 8400.
- Fridays at 10am - drop-in/bike maintenance and information.
Bike rides organised through British Cycling social networks. To find rides near you, go to www.letsride.co.uk
Breeze – Free Bike Rides for Women
Breeze is the biggest programme ever to get more women into riding bikes for fun. Our aim is to help thousands more women feel confident and comfortable about going on a ride. Find out more, including start times and locations.
Liverpool Wheels for All
Liverpool Wheels for All is aimed at individuals, groups and families who are unable to ride a two wheeled cycle due to a physical and/or learning difficulty, in a safe, traffic free environment. Through the use of adapted cycles Cycling Projects hopes to make cycling accessible to all. Rides take place at two sites in the city, Wavertree Sports Park, and Croxteth Park. For more information on ride times go to the Wheels for All website.
Liverpool Visually Impaired Tandem Club
Would you like to join the Liverpool Visually Impaired Tandem Club? We cycle out most weeks and whether you come once a week, once a month or occasionally we always welcome new front riders (and back). For more information please contact Kathy 0151 221 0888 or email Don at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The No Likey Lycra Bikey Klub - every Tuesday at 6pm
Meet at Newsham Park Cafe, do a few social circuits of the park and then back for a free brew. NLLBK is designed to encourage people back into the saddle and start using a bike again, for work, for pleasure, for anything. Get fit, have fun and meet new people. Find out more on our Facebook page.
Free pop-up bike servicing and safety checks across Liverpool. Like our Facebook page to find out where we are next or suggest somewhere we should visit.
Get Email alerts about cycling