Royal wedding street parties on Saturday 19th May 2018
All applications for a road closure for a street party for the Royal wedding on Saturday 19th May 2018 must be received by 30th April 2018.
You can apply for a road closure in order to hold a local street party to celebrate a Royal wedding or Jubilee, or to put on another type of community event.
We cannot close part of a major road or bus route. These events must be:
- Organised and funded by the applicant.
- No longer than three hours in duration - except for national events such as a Royal wedding when roads can be closed between 9am and 8pm.
- Covered by Public Liability Insurance paid for by the organiser.
- Agreed by the residents of the street before you apply.
In the case of a Royal wedding or Jubilee, we won't charge for a road closure notice or the signs and cones which manage traffic.
For all other community events, we will charge £2,488.50p for a road closure notice, and you must organise and pay for street signs and barriers.
How to apply
- Download the residents' consultation form and get the local residents to sign it.
- Download and complete the street party application form.
Email both completed forms to email@example.com or post them to: Ian Cuthbert, Traffic Management, Liverpool City Council, Cunard Building, Water Street, Liverpool, L3 1AH.
All applications for a road closure for a street party for the wedding of HRH Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on Saturday 19th May 2018 must be received by 30th April 2018.
If any objections to your application are raised we will work with you to find a solution. Local councillors will make the final decision.
Street party FAQs
What happens if I miss the closing date for applications?
Do I need to provide proof of Public Liability Insurance?
Do I need a traffic management plan?
Do I need to do a risk assessment?
Do I need a permit to serve food?
Do I need a licence to serve alcoholic drinks?
Do I need an entertainment licence for music?