Set in 121 acres, this Grade II listed Victorian park is surrounded by fine period architecture.
Park image gallery View on map
Facilities and attractions
A favourite for families, you can enjoy fishing, feeding the birds or sailing model boats in one of the parks two large lakes. The park has:
- The sumptuous Grade II listed Newsham House, where Queen Victoria once stayed, now used as Judges lodgings.
- Grade II listed Seamen’s Orphan Institution.
- Cast iron bandstand.
- Fishing lakes with roach, carp and tench (registration permit required).
- Active friends group.
- Play area (swings, roundabout, see-saw, spring mobile, spinning dish, play panels, multi play area).
- Main park
- Open all year round.
How to get there
- Foot and road
- You can access the park from Sheil Road, Prescot Road and West Derby Road.
- The nearest train station is Edge Hill.