This magnificent 235 acre park is a Grade I historic park in the Sefton Park district of Liverpool.
Park image gallery View on map
Facilities and attractions
Whether relaxing on the grass, playing sport or just taking a leisurely stroll around the lake, Sefton Park has something for everyone.
- Green Flag Award and Green Heritage Award winning site.
- Grade II* listed Palm House.
- Grade II listed Shaftesbury memorial and Eros fountain.
- Grotto or ‘old Nick’s caves’.
- Boating lake.
- Angling (registration permit required).
- Bandstand, said to be the inspiration for The Beatles’ Sgt Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band.
- Peter Pan statue.
- Fairy Glen.
- Aviary viewing point.
- Aviary café.
- Lakeside café.
- Children’s playground (swings, slide, climbing frames, round about, spring mobile, multi play area).
- Parking points around the park and also on street parking.
- Main park
- 24 hours a day, all year round.
- Palm House
- Visit the Palm House website.
How to get there
- Foot and road
- You can access the park from Queen’s Drive, Greenbank Drive, Greenbank Road, Aigburth Drive, Lark Lane and Elmswood Road.
- The nearest train station is St Michael's Station (0.2 miles).