Pool Plant Operations course
Course Ref: STA/PPO.
We run a 3 day level 3 qualification in pool plant operations.
This qualification aims to enable candidates to manage and maintain swimming pool, spa and interactive play feature operation via receiving the training necessary to reflect the most up-to-date requirements and standards for pool plant operation.
You must be 18 years of age or older to complete this training.
Validity of award
This qualification is valid for 5 years.
Length of course
33 notional learning hours:
- 24 recommended guided learning hours
- 9 non-contact guided learning hours
The pool plant operations qualification covers:
- Industry led bodies and their recommendations and guidelines.
- Pollution and its removal, threat of disease such as legionnaires and how they are controlled.
- Principles of circulation and filtration and the requirements for regular maintenance.
- How the physical characteristics of a swimming pool can be hazardous.
- Swimming pool ventilation and heating systems.
- The principles of water treatment.
- Microbiological testing.
- Analysis and interpretation of readings leading to corrective action..
- Methods for recording results and maintaining records.
- Understanding the different types of residual and non-residual disinfectants and their use in water treatments.
- Understanding and awareness of current industry best practice, guidance and recommendations.
- Principles of health and safety and the relevant statutes.
- Develop an understanding of the environmental implications of operating and managing pools, spas and associated plant.
- Energy and cost efficiency.
- Complete a pre-course worksheet assignment.
- Complete the course manual.
- Complete a 25 question multiple-choice paper with a pass mark of 18.
- Undertake practical water testing, analysis and interpretation.
- Complete a post course assessment sheet and return to course tutor.
This qualification requires revalidation every 5 years to update knowledge and demonstrate understanding. Candidates can revalidate either by undertaking the STA Pool Plant Revalidation/Conversion (including manual) Programme (available online at Trainsta) or by attending a one-day revalidation seminar.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org