GP Referrals - Exercise for Health
This is a 12 week programme which aims to encourage more people to get active and improve health, medical conditions and life expectancy.
1. Am I eligible?
If your GP or health practitioner agrees that you would benefit from the scheme they will refer you. Make an appointment to see your GP for a consultation.
2. How does it work?
If your GP or health practitioner has referred you to the scheme you will choose which participating Lifestyles centre you want to attend. These are listed below. Your GP will give you a referral form to take with you on your first visit.
Take your referral form to your chosen centre and pay the £7.50 induction fee. You will be booked in for a consultation appointment with the GP instructor. You'll also be issued with your membership card.
When you attend your consultation the instructor will ask a few questions and work with you to develop a suitable 12 week fitness plan.
Your membership card will be activated from the date of your consultation.
During your 12 week programme you will be able to use the gym at your chosen centre at the specific times detailed below. A fitness instructor will be on hand for all sessions to offer support and guidance. They will also show you how to use the gym equipment and which classes may be suitable for you to take part in.
You will also be able to swim for free at any Lifestyles pool during public swim times.
3. What will it cost?
- Induction £7.50.
- Gym sessions/classes £1 per session.
- Swimming is free during public swim times at any Lifestyles pool.
4. What happens after 12 weeks?
It’s up to you! Hopefully over the 12 weeks you will have felt and seen the benefits of your increased activity levels and want to maintain this as part of your lifestyle. We offer a number of membership packages that you can join. See our membership page for details or discuss the options with your fitness instructor.
Participating centres and times
Alsop (0151 233 5433)
- Monday 5pm to 8pm
- Wednesday 5pm to 8pm
- Friday 12.30pm to 3.30pm
- Saturday 8am to 11am
Aquatics Centre (0151 233 5433)
- Tuesday 9.30am to 10.30am, 2pm to 3pm, 3pm to 4pm
- Thursday 2pm to 3pm, 3pm to 4pm
- Friday 6.30pm to 7.30pm, 7.30pm to 8pm
- Saturday 1pm to 2pm
- Sunday 9am to 11am
- Tuesday 10.30am to 11.30am Tai Chi
- Tuesday 12pm to 1pm Outdoor Walking
- Wednesday 1pm to 2pm Low Impact Circuit
- Thursday 12pm to 1pm Multi Circuit
- Friday 10.45am to 11.30am - Zumba
Austin Rawlinson (0151 233 5433)
- Monday 12.30pm to 3pm
- Tuesday 12.30pm to 3pm
- Wednesday 12.30pm to 3pm
- Friday 12.30pm-2pm
Croxteth (0151 548 3421)
- Wednesday 10am to 3pm
Ellergreen (0151 233 5433)
- Tuesday and Thursday 8am to 1pm
Everton Park (0151 233 5433)
- Monday 8am to 10am
- Tuesday 8am to 11am
- Wednesday 4pm to 7pm
- Thursday 8am to 11am
- Friday 8am to 10am
- Monday 11am to 11.45 Low Impact Circuit
- Tuesday 12.30pm to 1.30pm Pilates, 8pm to 9pm Aqua Fit
- Wednesday 9.30am to 10.30am Zumba, 10.30am to 11.30am Keep Fit
- Thursday 5pm to 6pm Zumba, 8pm to 9pm Aqua Fit
- Friday 11am to 12pm Zumba, 12pm to 1pm Pilates, 1pm to 2pm Yoga
Garston (0151 233 5433)
- Tuesday 9.30am to 11.30am, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
- Thursday 10am to 12pm, 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Saturday 11.30am to 12.30pm, 1.30pm to 3pm
- Tuesday 9am to 1pm
- Thursday 9.30am to 1pm, 4.30pm to 7pm
- Saturday 9am to 1pm
Millennium (0151 233 5433)
- Monday 9am to 10am, 10am to 11am, 12pm to 1pm, 1pm to 2pm.
- Monday 10am to 3pm
- Wednesday 3pm to 6pm
- Friday 9am to 12pm
Park Road (0151 233 5433)
- Tuesday 1pm to 3pm, 5pm to 7pm
- Thursday 1pm to 3pm
- Friday 5pm to 7pm
Peter Lloyd (0151 233 5433)
- Inductions Monday/Wedesday 1pm to 5pm
- Use of gym anytime Monday to Friday
Walton (0151 523 3472)
- Wednesday 1pm to 5pm
- Saturday 1pm to 5pm