Princes Avenue STEP Scheme
Approximate start: January 2018
Approximate end: March 2019.
This scheme is part of Liverpool City Region’s Sustainable Transport Enhancement Package (STEP) and focuses on the regeneration of the central reservation along Princes Avenue and upgrading the carriageway and footpaths along Princes Avenue and Princes Road.
Growth Deals has provided £1.925m funding for the scheme.
As part of the proposals there are opportunities to improve the area including:
- New and improved pedestrian and cycle paths linking into the wider neighbourhood.
- Closure of junctions in the central reservation to create a continuous linear park.
- Resurfacing of carriageway and improvements to footpaths.
- New flexible open space suitable for community events and a marketplace.
- Revitalising existing public community hubs centred around existing seating areas.
- New trees and new landscaped areas.
- New seating and lighting.
- Potential for new planting to promote seasonal colours.
- Restoration of existing artwork and monuments.
- New public artwork to celebrate the history and people of Toxteth and Liverpool.
- Retaining, enhancing and protecting existing trees.