Get there by citybike
Hiring a citybike is as easy as 1-2-3 with annual membership from just over £1 per week. Bikes are for hire from cycle stations across the city.
Cycle route maps
- Cycle routes in and around Clubmoor
- Cycle routes in and around West Derby
- Everton Park and the Mersey
- Liverpool City Centre to Walton (part of National Cycle Network route 810)
- Liverpool Loop Line Trans Pennine Trail (national cycle route 62)
- Liverpool Loop Line to city centre (national cycle route 56)
- Netherley Valley to Speke, Garston
- Otterspool to the city centre
- The Trans Pennine Trail printable leaflet with map and attractions
- University route
Free cycle training and maintenance courses
- Free National Standard on-road cycle training is available to young people and children in Merseyside. Find out more about the Bikeability national cycle training programme.
- Free cycle training (Freewheeling) is available for everyone over 16 who lives and works in Merseyside. Book cycle training courses with BikeRight.
- Free maintenance sessions can be booked online. Book cycle maintenance sessions with BikeRight.
Peloton Liverpool Go! Ride bike and write
We strip, repaint and rebrand bikes with the recipient’s logo - a school or youth centre for instance - and donate them for free. We also offer training and encourage users to keep a bike journal. When the bikes need repair, or are no longer in use, we revive and redistribute them. Find out more from Dan at email@example.com or call him on 07950 401786.
We accept unwanted and unloved bikes, and provide recycled bikes at low cost. Find out more from Stephen Faragher on 0752 1671068, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit ONYA at Studio 1, 53 Holt Road, Kensington, L7 2PN.
North Liverpool Cycle Club
Drop off unwanted bikes to be stripped down for parts that help make new bikes or maintain our existing bikes. We help The LFC Foundation's Cycle Programme which supports over 300 men per year. Contact Bob Blanchard at email@example.com or on 0151 288 8400. Address: Breckfield Centre, Breckfield Rd North, Everton L5 4QT.
Charlotte's Tandems is a registered charity that lends tandems and trailer bikes free of charge to people with special needs or disabilities. Visit Charlotte's Tandems website to find out more.
Log your cycling trips at www.cyclingworks.co.uk – the TravelWise tool for individuals and organisations. Not only can you log your own mileage but it also calculates organisational totals and CO2 savings providing vital information for organisations as well as communicating cycling messages to staff.
The Liverpool Cycle Forum meets four times a year to talk about the cycling issues in Liverpool and how we can promote cycling across the city.
The next forum will take place at 5.30pm on Wednesday 27th September 2017.
The forum is open to everybody, so if you would like to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Locations of bike stands are shown on Merseytravel's Liverpool cycle map.
Train stations with bike stands are listed on the Merseytravel website.
Cycle parking is available at Liverpool One car park.
If there is somewhere you go in the city where you'd like cycle parking, let us know at email@example.com.
Bikes on trains and ferries
If you would like to leave your bike at a local rail station, you can register for Merseyrail's secure bike parking scheme.
Get Email alerts about cycling