Personal injury claims

If you're making a personal injury claim due to a pothole you must tell us why you hold Liverpool City Council responsible for the incident. 

If you're a solicitor acting on a client's behalf, please note that Liverpool City Council is not registered on the personal injury portal. You must send a CPR compliant letter of claim or a hard copy of the CNF1 to Liverpool City Council, Pre-Proceedings Unit, Cunard Building, Water Street, Liverpool, L3 1AH.

Information you need to provide

You'll be asked to provide the following information as part of your claim:

Personal details

Name, address, date of birth, NI number and contact number of the injured person.

Incident details

Describe what happened, giving the time, date and exact location using static landmarks, such as house numbers or road junctions and your direction of travel. You must also confirm or deny any previous knowledge of the defect.

Details of injury

Tell us about the injury you sustained.  If you sought medical attention please tell us when and where you received treatment.

How to submit your claim

Submit your claim online

Liverpool City Council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you provide for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may share this information with other public bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in particular insurance companies and Merseyside Police. The information will be used as part of the National Fraud Initiative data matching exercise.