Parking, travel & roads
Latest travel news, roadworks and disruptions
The BBC Travel News Liverpool website has the latest roadworks, disruptions and traffic jam updates in Liverpool and neighbouring areas. The site allows you view by last updated or by severity.
Roadworks - updated 2nd December 2016
Bath Street/Waterloo Road, L5
National Grid Gas emergency works have resulted in the following road closures:
- Bath Street – Northbound from New Quay to Princes Parade until 4th December 2016.
- Waterloo Road – Northbound from Princes Parade to Paisley Street until 4th December 2016.
Great Howard Street, L5
Graham Construction bridge reconstruction works between Oil Street to Paisley Street have resulted in a road closure until 31st March 2017.
Mill Lane, L13
AE Yates works associated with the redevelopment of the Edge Lane Retail Park have resulted in lane restrictions and a left-turn ban for HGV’s from Mill Lane onto Edge Lane Drive until August 2017.
Rathbone Road, L13
AE Yates works associated with the redevelopment of the Edge Lane Retail Park from Edge Lane to Binns Road have resulted in lane restrictions until August 2017.
West Derby Street, L7
The redevelopment of the Royal Liverpool University Hospital by Carillion Construction Services has resulted in lane restrictions and a temporary one-way system (Crown Street to Low Hill) until 13th October 2017. Until 31st May 2017, the left-turn from West Derby Street onto Low Hill will be closed.
- Winter Wonderland – Pier Head.
- Christmas Event: 4th December 2016 Allerton Road (Woolton Street to Church Road).
- Santa Dash: 4th December 2016 City Centre Area.