Pests, pollution & food hygiene
Dog control orders
Dog control orders in North Liverpool
Dog control orders are in place in North Liverpool to enforce responsible dog ownership. The order specifies four offences:
- Failing to remove dog dirt.
- Not keeping a dog on a lead.
- Not keeping a dog on a lead when ordered to do so by an authorised officer.
- Allowing a dog to enter land from which they are excluded.
The order applies to the Anfield, County and Kirkdale wards of North Liverpool. Breaching the order will result in a fixed penalty of £80 or prosecution. If successful, this pilot scheme will be rolled out across the city.
What does this mean for dog owners?
- Dogs will be banned from cemeteries, school playgrounds and playing fields, children's play areas and sports pitches in parks.
- Dogs must be kept on leads on pavements and when owners are directed to do so by an authorised officer if dogs are causing a nuisance or annoyance in outdoor public places.
- Owners will still be able to exercise their pets, without a lead, in general areas of parks.
- Assistance dogs for people with disabilities are exempt from the order.
Areas of exclusion
The areas where dogs are not allowed include:
- North Liverpool Academy
- Pinehurst Primary
- Anfield Junior and Infant Schools
- All Saints Primary
- St Margaret's (Anfield)
- Kirkdale St Lawrence Primary
- St John's Primary
- Alsop High
- Arnot St Mary Primary
- St Francis De Sales Infant and Nursery School
- Gwladys St Primary Schools
Parks and playgrounds
Children's play areas, football pitches, bowling greens, tennis courts, enclosed gardens and terraced areas in the following parks:
- Stanley Park
- Richmod Park Playground
- Kirkdale Recreation Ground
- St Martin's Recreation Ground
- William Collins Public Open Space
- Walton Hall Park
Cemeteries, crematoria and gardens of rest
- Anfield Cemetery and Crematorium
- St Mary's Church Grounds
- Queens Drive Rest Garden
Except dogs on leashes accompanying a person attending a funeral, or remembrance service, or residing in premises within the specified cemeteries.