Adult social care
Care enquiry to receive adult social care support
If you or someone you know is eligible for care and support from adult social care, a care enquiry will help us decide what the next steps should be.
The care enquiry is not an assessment - it will help us to decide if you need a full care needs assessment or identify other options.
The things we'll need to know include:
- Personal details, such as your name, date of birth and address.
- Daily life tasks and how you manage your routine - such as personal care, mobility, medication
- People you're in regular contact with - such as family, friends or professionals such as your GP
- Getting out and about - do you have people to support you, or aids/adaptations to help you get around
- Health - if you're in good health or have any medical conditions
- Finances - if someone has power of attorney, we'll ask for their details. We won't ask for information about your finances at this point.
The care enquiry form should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete.
This will link to care enquiry form when built......
What happens next?
We will review your enquiry within xxxx days and let you know what happens next. This might include:
- Arranging a full care needs assessment to work with you and put in place the best care and support.
- Discussing other options if we don't think a full care needs assessment is necessary. This might be a referral to occupational therapy or other service.
- Signposting to local services and ways you might find funding to pay for them, if you are not eligible to receive support from us.