Get help from adult social care
Support enquiry for adult social care
If you or someone you know is eligible for support from adult social care, a support enquiry will help us decide what the next steps should be.
If you are a health care worker, GP or other professional acting on behalf of a patient, you can request support via the referral process for professionals.
The support enquiry is not an assessment - it will help us to decide if you need a full care needs assessment or identify other options.
You may not need to complete a support enquiry if the following applies to you or the person you care for:
- You are not eligible for support from adult social care and require more low level support to reduce isolation, deprivation and falls. Our Community Connectors can help you access services and support in the community, before more formal social care is needed. If this applies to you find out more about Community Connectors and how to refer.
- You find it difficult to manage day-to-day activities at home due to a physical, mental or sensory impairment, illness or old age. An occupational therapy assessment will help you to live more independently. If this applies to you find out more about occupational therapy and how to refer.
Before you start a support enquiry
The things we'll need to know include:
- Personal details, such as your name, date of birth and address.
- Daily life tasks and how you manage your routine - such as personal care, mobility, medication and meals
- People you're in regular contact with - such as family, friends or professionals such as your GP
- Getting out and about - do you have people to support you, or aids/adaptations to help you get around
- Health - if you're in good health or have any medical conditions
- Finances - if someone has power of attorney, we'll ask for their details. We won't ask for information about your finances at this point.
The support enquiry form should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete. You can complete this yourself, or a family member or friend can do this for you.
You can also call us on 0151 233 3800. Our phone lines do get busy so you may prefer to refer online.
If you are submitting a support enquiry on behalf of someone, you must have their permission if they have capacity to make decisions about their care.
Complete a support enquiry online
You must have an email address and register for an adult social care online account to complete a support enquiry.
- As part of the registration process, we will send a security authentication code to your email address.
- Once registered, you can complete and submit the support enquiry form, or save and come back to it.
- Each time you sign in to your account, we will email you a different security authentication code.
Register online below for a portal account and to start a new enquiry or return to a saved enquiry.
This will link to support enquiry form when built in LL......
What happens next?
We aim to review your enquiry within 10 days and let you know what happens next. This might include:
- Signposting to local services and ways you might find funding to pay for them, if you are not eligible to receive support from us.
- Discussing other options if we don't think an assessment is necessary. This might be a referral to occupational therapy, Telecare or other service.
- Arranging a full care needs assessment to work with you and put in place the best help and support.