Professionals: Adult social care referrals and resources

Professionals: Request a care needs assessment for a patient

If you are requesting an assessment for a patient, service user or client's needs under the NHS and Community Care Act you can submit your request online. 

If your concern is of a safeguarding nature, or an assessment under the Mental Health Act, please contact Careline. - should this link to general careline form or the professional Safeguarding form?

Before you start

We'll need to know some basic information about the patient, such as their name, address, date of birth and contact details.

We'll also ask some questions about any health conditions and living and support arrangements.

Request an assessment

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

Professional referral for a needs assessment

This will link to existing digital services professional form  until decision is made around care assessment form in Liquid Logic...


If you think the patient would benefit from an advocate to act on their behalf, find out how to get support from an advocate.