Appeal a financial assessment decision

If you disagree with your financial assessment result or can't afford to pay, you can discuss this with us or lodge a formal complaint.

Ask for a review

If you think the amount you have been asked to pay is unfair, wrongly calculated or you cannot afford the payments, ask for a review.

We will look again at the information you provided and take into account any new information you send to us.

We will check to see if the charging policy has been applied correctly.

How to request a review

Send your request in a letter or email, telling us why you think the decision is wrong and include any new information that you think is important.

Non-residential (care and support at home)

Residential (care homes)

What happens next?

When we receive your request, we will respond to you within 5 to 10 working days.

Make a formal complaint

If you have had a review and you are not happy with the decision, you can make a formal complaint to Adult Social Care and Health.

Contact the ombudsman

If you are still unhappy with the outcome, you can complain to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.

The ombudsman may not take action unless you have requested a review and submitted a formal complaint first.