Payments and charges
Make a care payment enquiry
If you pay for residential (care homes) or non-residential (support at home) care, or receive direct care payments from us, you can make an online care payment enquiry.
Our online form allows you to:
- enquire about charges and payments
- request a refund
- ask for a new payment card
- request a new standing order form
- ask us to close an account
- ask for help to complete financial assessment form we have sent you
Who can act on the account holder’s behalf?
If you are not the account holder you can act on their behalf if you:
- are authorised by them
- have Power of Attorney
- are authorised by the Court of Protection
- are an appointee of the Department for Work and Pensions
- represent a care home or homecare agency
We will check our records to make sure you are authorised.
If you are not one of the people listed above and still want to make an enquiry on behalf of an account holder, you must provide a copy of Power of Attorney or a letter of consent from the service user and send it to us by:
- email to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to either the Residential Team or Non-residential Team at: Liverpool City Council, Cunard Building, Water Street, Liverpool, L3 1AH.
Before you start
To complete the form, you will need the account reference number - you can find this on the top right-hand corner of your statement or letter.
Please note: If you have made a payment in the last three weeks, it may not show up on your most recent statement.