Community support and getting out and about

Learning disability support

If you or an adult that you care for has a learning disability we can provide information and support to help you live more independently.

How do I get support?

Complete a support enquiry and we will contact you to arrange a care needs assessment.

What happens next?

A social worker will contact you or your carer.  They will arrange a time to come and visit you and assess your needs. A needs assessment will help us work out if you are eligible to receive support.

Types of help

We may be able to help, or refer you to organisations, who can help with:

  • Education, learning and employment.
  • Making sure you are claiming the right benefits.
  • Direct payments.
  • Housing.
  • Childcare and child protection.
  • Court liaison.
  • Community safety.