Am I eligible for care services?

We help adults who need extra support to live well. It can be long term or just until they're doing better.

To be eligible for support, you must live within the Liverpool local authority area and your needs must be due to or related to a physical or mental impairment or illness. The people we support are adults who:

  • are older people
  • are deaf, blind or visually impaired
  • are recovering from severe illness or injury
  • have learning or physical disabilities
  • have conditions like dementia, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
  • have autism
  • have mental health problems
  • have drug and alcohol problems
  • look after a friend or relative (carers)

As a result, the person's wellbeing is significantly impacted and need support with two or more of the following:

  • preparing or eating food and drinks without help
  • keeping themselves and their clothes clean
  • managing toilet needs
  • getting dressed
  • moving safely around the home
  • keeping their home clean and safe
  • having enough contact with family and friends
  • taking part in activities like volunteering or learning
  • using local services, such as buses and shops
  • caring for the people they are responsible for

How to get help

If you or someone you know is eligible for support you can complete a support enquiry online. This will ask you a few basic questions to find out a bit more about your circumstances.

What happens next?

Depending on your circumstances, we may decide to carry out a full care needs assessment. This gives us an opportunity to look at a person's needs and work with you to put in place the best care and support.

The care needs assessment will help you make a plan to live well. We will find out what's important to you and make sure the plan is tailored to help achieve your specified outcomes.

If we don't feel a full care needs assessment is appropriate we will discuss other options with you.

If you are not eligible to receive support from us, we can still tell you about other services and ways that you might find funding to pay for them. 

You can also independently access other local care and support services via the Live Well local services directory.