What if I can't afford to pay for my care?

Choose a topic

Your next steps

What if I can't afford to pay for my care?

If you have a chargeable care package you should have received a financial assessment when you first started to receive care. You should also have been offered a benefit check entitlement.

You can request a new assessment at any time by completing a care payment enquiry. If you still can't afford your care you can request a review of your assessed contribution.

You can also request a benefit entitlement check at any time if you feel you might be missing some income or your circumstances have changed.

If you receive care at home, you may be entitled to a reduction in care charges for disability related expenditure. See paying for care and support at home for more information on disability related expenditure (DRE).