Get help from adult social care

Care needs assessment

Before we can offer you support services we will need to find out more about your circumstances. A care needs assessment gives us an opportunity to look at a person's needs and work with you to put in place the best help and support. 

If you are a health care worker, GP or other professional acting on behalf of a patient, you can request support via the referral process for professionals.

Who can request an assessment?

You, a family member, friend or advocate can request an assessment by completing a support enquiry online

You can also call Careline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 233 3800. Our phone lines do get busy so you may prefer to refer online.

If you are requesting an assessment on behalf of someone, you must have their permission if they have capacity to make decisions about their care.

What happens next?

When we receive your support enquiry, somebody will contact you to arrange a time to do a full care needs assessment, or explain your options if a full assessment is not needed.

We aim to complete a full assessment within 28 days.