Finding a new home

If, following an occupational therapy assessment, you decide you need to move home rather than adapt your current property, there are options open to you.

Apply to Access Liverpool

If you are disabled and need a level access shower or wet room and cannot install one in your current property, you can apply to Access Liverpool for a suitable property.

Access Liverpool is a partnership between the council and the city’s registered social landlords which provides properties specifically designed or built for disabled people.

These properties may have been adapted around the needs of a previous tenant who was disabled and may be a flat, house, or in a small number of cases, a bungalow. All properties have a level access shower or wet room.

There is high demand for adapted properties and they are limited in number. This means it may take longer for a property that meets your needs to become available.

Join the housing register

If you're interested in applying for affordable housing you must join the Property Pool Plus Housing Register

Property Pool Plus gives priority to local people who need a home and can't afford to buy or rent privately. You can join the register if:

  • you're aged 16 or over
  • you're a UK national or a person not subject to immigration control
  • you don't own your own home or have equity to secure the accommodation you need
  • you and your family will make good tenants