Looking after someone
- Representing someone who needs care and support How to be involved in decisions about someone’s care and finances, whether they have mental capacity or not.
- Get a carer's assessment An assessment looks at what support you need in your role as carer and how we can help you.
- Carer's allowance and financial help There are a range of benefits, tax credits and other financial support that you could receive as a carer, including carer's allowance.
- Mental capacity and decision-making The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) protects a person's money, health and welfare, if they can't make all their own decisions.
- Deprivation of liberty safeguards (DoLS) DoLS provides legal protection for vulnerable people in hospital or a care home.
- Advice and support for carers As a carer, it's important to get support from other carers, organisations or short break services.