Professionals: Adult social care referrals, resources and training

Professionals: Minor adaptation or keysafe request for adults

If you are a health or social care practitioner and have identified, through an assessment, that your client requires minor adaptations to help them stay safe and independent at home, you can submit a request online for the council to complete the adaptations.

Before you start

Some points to consider before you make a referral:

Is your client a tenant of a registered social landlord?

If yes, please discuss your request with the RSL first, as they may be able to complete the works.

Is your client a private tenant?

If yes, you must get permission from the landlord for the works to be completed before you make a referral.

Does your client require a keysafe?

If yes, are you also referring your client to Telecare? If so, Telecare can provide the fitting of a keysafe if you request this on the Telecare referral form.

Make a referral

This application should only be completed by a health or social care practitioner.

You will need to provide the following information:

  • Client's personal details including name, address, date of birth and contact number.
  • Property details and whether it is owned, privately rented or housing association.
  • Description of work required.
  • Supporting documents or photos to assist the technicians carrying out the recommended works. These can be scanned files or photos which must not exceed 15mb combined.
  • Contact details to arrange installation at property, if different to the client.

Minor adaptations referral for an adult

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

What happens next?

When we receive your request, we will contact your client within 5 working days to arrange an appointment date and time for the works to be completed.