Benefits advice referral

Our Benefits Maximisation Service can provide free confidential advice, guidance and assistance with the full range of welfare benefits.

You can refer yourself, or someone else. If you are referring someone else, please make sure that you have their permission first.

Make a referral

If you want to speak to us about a claim you have made for either Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support do not use the form below but please contact us instead.

Use our online benefits advice referral form

Once you have submitted the referral form, the Benefits Maximisation Service will aim to get in touch within 10 days.  If your problem is urgent you can tell us about it on the form and we will contact you within an appropriate time.

What do we do?

We offer a detailed benefit check to see whether you are entitled to any additional benefits, and whether any existing benefits are being paid at the correct rate.

We can also:

  • Help you to make a claim for any new or increased benefits - including backdating claims.
  • Help you challenge decisions to stop benefits - including help with overpayments.
  • Represent you at appeal tribunals.
  • Where we cannot help you we will refer you to an appropriate local specialist agency or department.

Tell us about a change in circumstance

If you are in the process of applying for Housing Benefit, or already receive it, we need to know if your circumstances change straight away as it could affect what you are entitled to. You can now tell us by phoning us. Find out more.

Come2gether logo